Monday, April 7, 2008

Drinking from the well



I wasn't kidding about the Colorado pictures. This one is my favorite place on Earth. The whole thing. No, I haven't been everywhere, but this is it. It's Emerald Lake. If you came to the wedding, recognize it? It was my groom's cake. They made a cake out of this place. It was remarkable. I didn't want to eat it. I didn't want to mess it up. Good thing, 'cause I didn't get to eat it anyway.

Yes, Carolina got smacked. According to Tarheel Marcus Ginyard after the game, "I knew something was wrong when we would foul them and then we'd huddle up and nobody would say anything. It would take four or five seconds before anyone spoke. Everyone just looked at each other like, `What the heck is going on?' It was weird. We were just looking around like, `Whoa.'". Kansas came out and smacked them and they didn't know what to do. But I don't buy the "they should've been in closer games to prepare them". What? You're going to let off the gas just for the sake of being battle tested? Kansas just played better.

Lindsay had a fantastic weekend at her retreat. I'll let her tell more about it if she wants to, but I can tell you from watching her talk about it, listening to her talk about it, it was very filling for her heart. The theme of the retreat was "The Woman at the Well". Lindsay came back with a full bucket, and I was anxious to drink from it. While Lindsay's weekend was so filling, the last few days for me have been somewhat draining. She and I had an argument Thursday night, a lot of factors combined in that. And it was in some ways necessary and cleansing, though it wasn't any fun in the middle of it. Then the weekend, for reasons deeper than the outcome of the game, was somewhat hurtful and disappointing. I'm not going to go into detail on here, but it was sad for me in a way. So to see her come back on fire, just with a Jesus fueled sugar rush that's reminiscent of a two year old on pixie sticks, was so welcomed. Hopefully she gets a chance to come on here and talk about it. May her enthusiasm fill you up as well.

She may also be excited to know that there are no more sports to distract me from her until September. Can't stand baseball. So I'm all hers all summer. I take that back, the NFL draft is in 3 weeks. But after that, it's lots of outdoors time.

No comments: