Thursday, April 3, 2008

So this is the internet?


So this post won't have much to do with Colorado. I just wanted to put a picture up. I have around 1,000 pictures from my four trips. Just count on there being a picture from one of them being on each post as long as it makes sense. Or even if it doesn't.
I'm not sure that I agree with Lindsay's suggestion that doing this was my idea, unless you like it. In which case, yes. It was all me.
So this is the way we work when we go to Blockbuster. For every movie I choose, she gets to choose one too. It's just fair since our movie tastes rarely sync up. Especially last night's choice. "Pirates of the Carribean". (Is it Carr-a-be-un or Carib-e-un?!?!) Oh my Lord. So 45 minutes in I was counting the tiles in our dining room floor I was so bored. I went to get something to drink just so I could get back up for a bathroom break. I couldn't figure out who was the good guy, who was the bad guy. Everyone kept changing sides and alliances. Two hours later...that's right...two hours later....it was still going. Honestly, I've torn off one of my fingernails, fractured my nose, had countless sprained ankles. None hurt this bad. But I figure if that's the worst thing I have to complain about, I'm doing pretty well. Which I am. And I think she is as well.
If you're going to be gracious enough to pray for us this weekend, first and foremost safe travel. We're each leaving town this weekend, in opposite directions. Lindsay is going on a women's retreat with Grace. I'm so excited for her. I've been on a couple of retreats, and each have been tremendous times with God. I'm so hoping she hears from Him this weekend. No matter what, I'm so excited about her time. I'll be headed down to Greenville to stay with one of my best friends who just got himself his own home! He closed Monday and hopes to be finished signing papers by the time we get down there Saturday afternoon. Yes, we'll be watching the Final Four together, which is pretty much a mandated thing if Carolina makes it. How do I feel about UNC's chances? Simple. At this point, I'm scared of everyone. I'm very scared of a motivated "We'll show Roy he messed up by leaving us". If they're still alive in this tournament, I'm scared of them. Should Kansas win Saturday, I'm not worried about Chad or Jamie giving me a hard time on the way home. I'm driving. Well, guess I should work now.

No comments: